Monday, December 3, 2007

COD4 is Actually Really Good

So I picked up Call of Duty 4 today, mostly cause I heard the single player was alright, and I wanted to play it split-screen with a friend. I normally don't like online shooters that are in any way realistic, in fact, I just play CS:S and TF2 these days. Anyway, I played the single player a bit, got annoyed by that TV station shootout, and switched to multiplayer.

Wow, it rocks. Seriously, this is amazing, it's better than CS:S, by a mile and a half. Sure, there are guys grenade spamming from half a map away, but the gameplay rocks, and the pseudo-RPG elements they've thrown in are weirdly compelling.

All-in-all, a good purchase, and once I buy a cheapo $20 controller, some badass splitscreen action, I hope. I should really go to bed, I think.

No comments: